I manage the Five Ten in-office stuff, like processing orders, warranties and answering queries, but I do get let out of the office every so often. Mostly for sales meetings and tradeshows, which takes me to some interesting places. Sometimes I even get to see dealers!
Over the years I have concentrated most of my time on climbing, but latterly I have gone for more aerobic pursuits, and my bouldering has taken a back seat. Not so long ago I got bitten by the Ultra Distance running bug, and this is now my main activity.
Favourite Arc'teryx products:
- Incendo jkt. Great breathability and good rain resistance, an ideal top for running on the moors.
- Fission SL Jkt. It took me a while to get round to buying a replacement for my duvet jkt, and I decided on this. Its super warm, waterproof and really light. I love it.
- Fugitive hoody, Green Bean, worn on dry days like a sweater, wind resistant and comfortable. I still love this piece even though its five years old.
- Phase SL Boxers. Just incredibly comfortable. I am a total covert to wool underwear.
- Ether tees, assorted colours, very comfortable on hot days.
Favourite 5.10 products:
- Warhawks. Comfy, and I can climb in them when I take my daughter to the Climbing Works.
- Insights, I have a skinny foot so wear the womens. I wear these as my approach shoes, and also round the office.
- Hornets. Very soft downturned shoe. It’s a bit niche, but just what I need.